What are the issues with treating ventricular fibrillation?

What are issues with treating ventricular fibrillation, what in the current guidelines can be adjusted?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Various difficulties in treating V.Fib Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. You have a very good question, and I shall be more than happy to help you with information from my practice. Usually most common problems in treating patients with ventricular tachycardia/fibrillation are: -Severe side effects from the medications prescribed -Patients who cannot be advised an ICD -A heart rhythm that cannot be cured from surgery -Electrolyte imbalances -Drug toxicity -Patients who cannot be advised ICD therapy and who have a heart rhythm that is not being controlled with drugs -Low ejection fraction despite therapy and various other difficulties. Unfortunately, these complications and many more are not effected by guidelines, and so any adjustments made may or may not help. I would be more than happy to help you further. Please write back to me with any specific queries you have, and I would be more than happy to help you. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Best wishes.