What are the home remedies for genital warts ?

Question
Hi, I am 30 years, 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weigh 79kgs. last week I have been diagnosed with genital warts.is there any homemed solution or any cream that i can apply because its just start.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Natural and Home Remedies

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 25 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Genital warts may go away on their own in some people and in others, treatment methods may be needed.

There are many topical treatments available for genital warts and these include podophylliym resin, podofilox, 5-Fluorouracil and Imiquimod (Aldara) cream. However these creams should be used only after consulting a dermatologist and can be used at home.

Other treatment options include electrical cautery, surgical removal, human papillomavirus once it has occurred.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: What are the home remedies for genital warts ? 26 minutes later
Thanks Dr.Jasvinder XXXXXXX

I think its just started there is only one wart so is there any way without consulting dermatologist i can apply cream and monitor for 1 week, and if they start increasing after week then i will visit to dermatologist.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 12 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You can use any of the creams mentioned above. Imoquimod is a good agent and you can use it topically on genital warts. However the skin of genitalia is very sensitive and these creams can cause irritation and redness. Hence I prefer you to use it under medical supervision.