What are the health supplements to be taken for healthy pregnancy?

Dear dr, My wife and I would like to have our first baby 3 months from now n hope u can help me with some queries. Can I know what are some good steps we can take note to ensure pregnancy rate n good health development of the baby ? Example consuming of some health supplements that may be helpful? Etc. We would very much wish to have a baby boy. Pls advise me what I can do to increase the chance of having a boy? Time , food , tests, etc . Etc, any safe methods that's worth trying .. Thks in advance
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 4 hours later
Brief Answer: start folate, immunization for rubella rubella tox Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to Healthcare Magic. Your partner and you should avoid taking any medicine except for medicine for preexisting problems like diabetes or hypertension etc. She should ensure that she has good health, free of anemia, make sure she is immunized against rubella and toxoplasma. Start her on folic acid 5 mg supplement to build folate which prevents many congenital neurological problems. There is no known method/drug that can change the xhances of getting a baby boy. You may harm the baby if you start taking any medicine for this intent. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.