What are the health benefits of wearing alum chain?

Could you please tell me what are the health benefits one gets by wearing Alum chain?
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 42 minutes later
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question
What are you planning to use it for?
what ailment are you suffering from?
Follow-up: What are the health benefits of wearing alum chain? 39 minutes later

I neither have any specific reason/plan, nor any ailment. Heard it from elders and friends that it is good in terms of health. I have a Blue Sapphire along with Alums in the chain. So just wanted to know its health benefits if it has got any.
Follow-up: What are the health benefits of wearing alum chain? 1 hour later
Please tell me the health benefits one get by wearing Quartz garland (Spatika mala)?
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
There are no proven benefits of both the chains worn . It is not FDA approved for any particular benefit for your health and will not make any significant difference.
Thanks and take care