What are the harmful effects of fleas on human?

Yes, my home has become infested with fleas from two cat's that had become out door since my daughter left for college in late august. They,(cat's went to the vet, were treated, and now live at my brother's home.) I flea bombed the home today. It didn't work completely. Also; upon vacuuming the first floor I found, an area of carpet, under a couch, was eaten by what appear's to be moth larvea; I saw close to one hundred of the larvea, and vacuumed them up. In term's of me, I feel as though I see thing's falling to my white lab coat; that appear to be infestation of both; black spec's and feather- like, needle looking oddities, that I haven't seen before. PLEASE HELP! XXXX. Thanks.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Clarifications Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way. 1) Did any body other than you have seen these insects over your coat? If yes, what do they say? 2) Are you any medications? Have you ever tried any drugs? 3) Any medical issues? Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Regards and wish you good health, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist Neuro-Psychiatrist and Sexologist
Follow-up: What are the harmful effects of fleas on human? 1 hour later
No, no one else saw the speck's, and hacking's, on my white coat, I try to get rid of them and brush them off, quickly, yet they stain and smear, blackish: similar, yet, not, in texture, like mascara. Yet I know something is wrong. The dropping's on the lab coat are un-familiar to me. I still get egg white colored dropping's, that feel like sand, and feather like hatching's, and big solid, flee -like specks. What is Up? Doc.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of delirium Detailed Answer: Hello I have gone through your description in detail and I would suggest that you should meet a physician/neurologist/psychiatrist. It is possible that you may be seeing these things as if real in the state of delirium. Delirium can cause such symptoms. You will need certain blood tests like Renal function test, complete blood count, etc. Secondly you have not answered by two other questions that I asked previously. It would be nice if you can answer them as well. 2) Are you any medications? Have you ever tried any drugs? 3) Any medical issues?. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: What are the harmful effects of fleas on human? 44 minutes later
A delirium, are blanking kidding me?? I work a full time job as a Physical Therapist, I have a 16 year old son, at home, who views and deal's with these same insect's, in this home. We are not mentally ill. I want a refund from this site, NOW!! I am not on any drug's, nor have medical issues. I have a full time primary M.D., that I see periodically, nothing abnormal. A just had a complete blood panel; all normal. Stop trying to put women in a box of " Neurotic, and mentally ill", do you want to see the bite mark's, (they last few week's). from the flee's on my son and myself. I will get my money back; you are full of s---.P.S. Flea's are real, from cat's they exist, I can give the contact to my Vet; and they can and do infest a home.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Sincere apologies if not satisfied Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the add on information. You have mentioned in your first question about the problem of insects and fleas in your house and wanted medical help for the same. Generally if there are so many insects it is normal for other people in the house as well to have experienced these insects. Which you had mentioned that no one other than you have seen them "No, no one else saw the speck's, and hacking's, on my white coat". In normal context if a medical forum is used to discuss the presence of insects in home that no one else has seen other than the user then one can become suspicious. My sincere apologies if my suspicions are wrong. Did you want to discuss the treatment for the bites or prophylaxis from the bites on this forum? I would appreciate if you can clarify this aspect so that I can be of help to you. Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD