What are the future ramifications of the polyp development inspite of undergoing treatment for mild ascites and pleural effusion?

Hello Sir, I am XXXX,27 and presently undergoing treatment for mild ascites and pleural effusion in both lungs (TB). My second USG indicated a gall bladder polyp about 3mm in size. What may the future ramifications of the polyp development? Thank You
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No need to worry Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Gallbladder polyps are most often benign. Only if the polyps are bigger careful evaluation is done as there are chances of malignancy. Any polyp less than 10 mm need not cause any worry. If it is more than 10 mm periodic follow up with ultrasound scan should be done. If it is more than 18 mm, then gallbladder has to be removed. Since your gallbladder polyp is just 3 mm in size , there is no need to worry. You can just ignore it. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini