What are the first symptoms of alzheimers disease?

Id like to know what is the first stage (signs) of this desease (Alzheimer)? I'm from Brazil, XXXXXXX.
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Alzheimer's
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Dementia usually first appears as forgetfulness. Dementia symptoms include difficulty with many areas of mental function, including emotional behavior or personality, language, memory, perception, thinking and judgment (cognitive skills).

Mild cognitive impairment is the stage between normal forgetfulness due to aging, and the development of AD. symptoms include difficulty performing more than one task at a time, difficulty solving problems, forgetting recent events or conversations, taking longer to perform more difficult activities.

Early symptoms of AD can include difficulty performing tasks that take some thought, but used to come easily, such as balancing a checkbook, playing complex games (such as bridge), and learning new information or routines, getting lost on familiar routes,
Language problems, such as trouble finding the name of familiar objects, losing interest in things previously enjoyed, flat mood, misplacing items, personality changes and loss of social skills.

Still further Change in sleep patterns, often waking up at night, delusions, depression, agitation, difficulty doing basic tasks, such as preparing meals, choosing proper clothing, and driving, difficulty reading or writing, forgetting details about current events, forgetting events in your own life history, losing awareness of who you are, hallucinations, arguments, striking out, and violent behavior, poor judgment and loss of ability to recognize danger, using the wrong word, mispronouncing words, speaking in confusing sentences, withdrawing from social contact

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer