What are the findings from the urine test?

I had a urine test done it says my creatinine is 5.6. And protein 0.05 Is this something to worry about
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Aditya Bhabhe 33 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems like nothing to worry about Detailed Answer: Hi Thank you for sending in your query. Looks like you have done a test called urine protein to creatinine ratio. This test is done to see if you are leaking proteins in the readings which is considered to be a sign of kidney disease. In this test, what is of clinical significance is the ratio of the readings of protein and creatinine. The individual readings are less significant. So if you could provide the value of this ratio (which would normally be provided in the lab report), I would be able to provide a definite answer. However prima facie, it looks like the values are within normal limits and if the ratio value is also normal, no further action is required. I hope this was helpful Feel free to contact me if you have more queries. Regards Dr Bhabhe