What are the findings from the typhoid test report? Is it normal?

my typhoid test is S Typhoid O:1/120 is this normal
S Typhi H : 1/120
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Single reading not conclusive of typhoid.

Detailed Answer:

A single reading of WIDAL test is not conclusive of typhoid.

Your WIDAL titres are slightly elevated, that means you might have had typhoid recently or you might be having typhoid right now.

To get an accurate picture you will need to repeat this WIDAL test after 3 to 5 days, and in that repeat test, if the WIDAL titres increase from the current value then it means you have on going typhoid infection.

I would also suggest you to do a blood culture for typhoid, blood culture is the gold standard for diagnosing typhoid infection.

Please repeat the WIDAL after 3 or 5 days from now and write back to me the results so that I can guide further on treatment options.

I hope this answers your question, please feel free to ask me if you have any doubts.

Warm regards,