What are the findings from the thyroid report when suffering from heart palpitation?

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
I am suffering from Heart palpitation since January 2013 and i went to 3 cardiologists only to hear that i am normal.But this time my neurologist told me to take thyroid test suspecting that I may have thyroid. Is my report normal?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, report is normal. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir 1. Palpitations most often result from premature contractions (the heart beats which originate from a site other than the normal site and occur prior to expected normal beat). When these are associated with a normal heart on ECHO, nothing is worrisome and patient only requires symptomatic treatment. The medicines include beta-blockers and you are on one of them (supermet-XL). 2. Your thyroid profile is normal. Hence it is not the cause for your palpitation. Patients with low TSH and high T3 and T4 (hyperthyroid) can have palpitations. But this report shows normal profile. All the three parameters are within normal limits. Hope this helps. Feel free to discuss further. Sincerely Sukhvinder

Follow-up: What are the findings from the thyroid report when suffering from heart palpitation? 22 hours later
I would like you to have a look at my past conversation with a cardiologist (attached) and guide me to cope.

Brief Answer: please see details Detailed Answer: Dear sir 1. your X ray seems to be normal. ECG also do not show significant changes, however it has to be correlated clinically. 2. If you have shortness of breath and heart rate is 62 beats per minute and SpO2 is 98% with hemoglobin of 14 gm%, anxiety as a possibility is high on cards. This is again favored by episodes of shortness of breath which lasts for short periods like 5-10 minutes, can come at any time (especially during stress) and are not associated with any other respiratory symptoms like cough / fever etc. However, When you get shortness of breath for longer period , visit a physician and get yourself examined, if at that time your SpO2 and examination are normal, anxiety is likely diagnosis. Sincerely Sukhvinder

Follow-up: What are the findings from the thyroid report when suffering from heart palpitation? 10 hours later
I haven't masturbated in the past 24 days due to discomfort in chest during masturbation and palpitation that occur after ejaculation.Today I felt a bit healthier than before, so i masturbated,This time palpitation was tolerable but i suffered chest tightness during masturbation.Is it because of acid reflux or something else that i should be concerned?

Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 8 hours later
Brief Answer: please see details Detailed Answer: Dear Sir Masturbation is not associated with any physical bad effects. It can have psychologically bad effects only if you consider it is bad. It is highly unlikely that a young male with normal ECG and x-ray has so bad a heart which causes symptoms on masturbation. Try to convince yourself that masturbation is not bad. Why will acid reflux occur only at time of masturbation and not after meals (which is a more common time for it to occur)? I have already explained that what you need to do to 100% rule out an organic disease in my last answer. Sincerely Sukhvinder