What are the findings from the t4 level test?

Question
hi im 23 and im trying to get pregnant i had my t4 level checked also my tsh an a progesterone test done. these are my results T4 00.85ng/dl ,.. Tsh 00.91Uiu/ml ,... progesterone 10ng/ml.. are those normal results for trying to get pregnant.?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes.You have normal results provided T4 is free T4 Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Yes. Your thyroid hormone profile as well as progesterone levels are with in normal limits. You can try to get pregnant. But little bit cofusing is that T4 level you have mentioned is whether Free T4 or Total T4? Your results comparing with reference ranges Free T4- 00.85ng/dl ( 0.7 to 2.0 ng/dl) Less than 0.7 is considered to be a hypothyroidism. TSH- 00.91 ( 0.4 to 6) Under 0.4 may indicate possible hyperthyroidism. Progesterone - 10ng/ml. Progesterone levels vary considerably from cycle to cycle and woman to woman. In general, the mid luteal (middle of the second half of the cycle) progesterone in a non-pregnant patient is 8 to 10. Thus you have good thyroid hormone profile as well as Progesterone level provided T4 mentioned in query is a Free T4. If it is a total T4, then you might have either hypothyroidism or pituitary problem. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: What are the findings from the t4 level test? 18 minutes later
yes it is t4 free :) thank you so much for the answer! and my last period was dec 20 2013 an my periods are 35-40 days so i think i was in the mid of 2nd half cycle. i got the test done january 18th 2014..

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. You are right. Mid luteal phase on the day of Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. Yes. You might be in mid luteal phase on the day of collecting blood sample. Now you can try to become pregnant. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.