What are the findings from the spine MRI report?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
MRI Study Shows: A large left posterior paracentral prolapse of C5-6 I.V.DISC, Encroaching spinal canal, Left lateral recess with compression of thecal SAC &left C6 nerver ROOT EXIT Zone. Cervical Spondylonic changes with diffuse annular bulges of C3-4, C4-5 I.V.DICS, with MILD Compression of thecal SAC
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Due to compression of nerve root there can-be-pain Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I have studied your report. Due to compression of nerve root there can be tingling numbness in your arm and pain. Also there is large disc bulge which is compressing over spinal cord. I would advise the following: - For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. - Till time, avoid lifting weights. You can consult physiotherapist for help. - Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. - I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. If nerve compression becomes symptomatically severe then surgical decompression will give permanent relief. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: What are the findings from the spine MRI report? 16 hours later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Thanks for your reply. I want to know if the nerve problem its continue, it will create any problem like heart problem, back pain in future? Also Why I need to check Vit B12 and Vit D3 level? What level should be maintain for both(VitB12,D3). If less/high what are risk its will create? I already started neuro recommanded medication. Still I have pain in left arm everyday (maximum at night time). Medication to taking now a days: T.Pentanerv-m, T.Chymoral forte, T.panme-40 T.Acent-p(zerodol) C.Rejunex-OD, T.Tolkem 150 mg C.gabapin-NT C.Refense 100 T.tolperitas-D As per your advice, I already checked with physiotheript, he asked me to consult with Ortho. Ortho recommanded to take vit b12 and vit D3 test. (Vit D and Vit D3 is same or different?). Also please confirm this is not Heart issue? because I have pain in upper left side chest. Please guide me with correct path. Because almost two month I'm facing same pain... its killing me.... If possible please suggest which hospital is best in bangalore? Thanks for your understanding. Waiting for your reply.... Regards, Venkat

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 7 hours later
Brief Answer: your disc bulge there will not be heart problem Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Due to your disc bulge there will not be heart problem in future but there can be back pain. Vitamin B12 has role in functioning of nerve conduction if there are low level then mild nerve compression can lead to more damage of nerve and subsequently more pain. Vit D3 is important for bone maintainance,low level can cause weakness of vertebral artchitecture.Yes vit D and Vit D3 are same,vit D3 is more active form. That’s good that it’s not heart related. You are taking good amount of medication to get relief, also continue physiotherapy. If no relief then decompression may be needed. You can check doctors in Bangalore on our website – WWW.WWWW.WW Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: What are the findings from the spine MRI report? 18 hours later
Hi, Thanks for your +ve Answer. But I have one doubt. Whenever I took ECG reading, minor change in result, because of this(nerve) problem its showing wrongly? Immediately doctor asked me to take Treadmil and cardio test. Its showing everything normal. I will check the website and find the doctor. I have one personal Question: Can I sex with my partner? Its will create any problem because of this nerve conduction? I will take Vit B12 and Vit D3 test then consult with doctor. Thanks for your time and help me. Please answer my personal and first question. Regards, Venkat

Brief Answer: ECG changes are not related to nerves. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Your ECG changes are not related to nerves,If your treadmill and cardio test are normal nothing to worry then. You can have sexual intercourse with your partner, there will not be any problem due to nerve conduction. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.