What are the findings from the semen examination report?

Jul 2016

Dear Sir, Please take a look of my Lab Report and also tell me that any operation is required in this problem or not? Semen Examination: milky white, Volume : 3.0, Reaction : Alkaline, Liq. Time : 30 minutes Microscopic Examination Sperm Count = Nil Active Motile = Nil Sluggish Motile = Nil Normal = Nil Abnormal = Nil Pus Cells = 6-8 Epithelial Cells = 4-5 RBC Cells = 2-3
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: You have what is called as Azospermia. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts and report of your semen analysis that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Azospermia meaning there by there are no sperms in your semen. This is mainly due to two reasons 1)No sperms are produced by your testicles or 2) There is blockage in the passage of sperms from testicles to urethra. First you have to get your Testicular Biopsy done to see whether the sperms are produced by the testis or not.Testicular biopsy is a surgery normally carried out under short general anaesthesia. If it reveals spermatogenesis to be positive then you have to undergo radiological test called as Vaso Vasogram to confirm the site of blockage blockage in the passage of transmission of sperms from testis to urethra. Please consult qualified Urologist to get these tests done .Further treatment will depend upon the results of these tests and final diagnosis. As regards presence of pus cells it is due to infection of either seminal vesicle or Prostate which can be controlled by taking antibiotics for 4-6 weeks. Hope I have answered your query ,Please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: What are the findings from the semen examination report? 42 hours later
Dear Sir, Please tell me how much amount and time will take for both Testicular Biopsy and radio logical test. Also suggest some Hospital and Doctors near Lucknow or Gorakhpur in XXXXXXX pradesh.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: I can not make comments about charges in U.P. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. I am sorry I being in Karnataka can not make any comments regarding charges of these procedures in they differ from one city to other and from one hospital to other.You have enquire with local Urologist Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.