What are the findings from the semen analysis report?

Jul 2016

Hello,I got a sperm analysis 5 months ago and it was normal except the count was 12,500 m/ml knowing as 8 month also gave the same result exactly, but 2 days ago i got anther test it showed sever decrease in count 5000,000/ml and so the motility was (PR 20% - before was 30 - NP 15% before was 30 ),so what's your kind conclusion and is that varicelle ? Please be noted that I have MS 2 years ago and I'm married 1 year ago
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Repeat Semen Analysis after one month. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts and report of your semen analysis that you have posted it appears that sperm count of recent analysis has been reduced compared to previous reports . The sperm count is variable and depends upon so many factors like 1)Timing of collection of semen . 2) Period of abstinence or time interval between last ejaculation either sexual intercourse or masturbation and collection of semen for examination.(Ideally it should be 3-4 days) Your recent semen analysis revealed presence of W.B.C which suggests infection of either seminal vesicle or prostate. Please take antibiotic like Doxycyclie twice daily for one month and repeat your semen analysis after completion of course of antibiotic with precautions to collect the sample early morning and in ideal condition like abstinence of 4 days. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: What are the findings from the semen analysis report? 15 minutes later
Dear Dr, As I'm a vet I already take care of all the precautions you mentioned,Kindly I have 2 questions? 1- do I need a seminal culture(knowing as I'm felling some sticky discharges colourless from my penis although I'm not existed ( it can confirm inflammation? 2-is MS or the medications i already mentioned before has any effect on my fertility? Regards
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Solu Medrol do have side effects like Oligospermia Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Multiple sclerosis itself has effects on sexual potency and libido and drugs like Methyl Prednisolone that is being used being a steroid has side effects on fertility .Please discuss this with your treating Neuro- Physician. 2) As regards white discharge from penis it is secretions of the mucous glands ( Bulbo Urethral Glands ) located in urethra and has little significance as for as sperm count is concerned. Doing semen culture will not serve any purpose and will not be informative. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: What are the findings from the semen analysis report? 18 hours later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX for your valuable informations I just want to confirm 2signs before I start vibramycin course 1- I'm felling eching sensation at the scrutum and some times bet scrutum and anus 2-also im felling defeculties in urination WITh NO PAIN Is that confirm your conclusion?! Or you need more data to confir? Secondly do i need more supportive treatment with vibramycin like any kind of Medications to inhance sperms production and if any please mention Thanks and regards&PLS let me share my case updates WIth you through your websitem
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Itching could be due to Tegretal. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. The itching around scrotum and difficulty in urination could be due to side effect of Tegretal. Please discuss this with your treating Neuro- Physician. Truly speaking there are no medicines that help to increase sperm count.However following general measured do help to increase sperm count. 1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning. 2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc 3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday.. 4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.