What are the findings from the pap smear test?

Question
Hi Doctor Am 43 yrs old My pap smear test shows chiefly superficial cells with few inter mediate cells . Back ground sheets of neutrophils. No dyplastic cells or micro org Plz reply
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Normal report Detailed Answer: XXXX, Hello, Your report is normal. Superficial and intermediate cells are normally present in the multiple layers pf the cervix. Some amount of netrophils indicate some inflammation that could be old or new. It would depend of whether you have any symptoms. I would say its an old remnant inflammation since there is no active infection. You dont need to worry about this report. Yearly pap smears should be done in all women as a screening procedure in those over 40.

Follow-up: What are the findings from the pap smear test? 7 minutes later
Impression is given as Cervical smear shows non specific inflammation doctor

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thats fine Detailed Answer: Thats a normal report. Dont worry about it. There is always some mild inflammation of the cervix. Nothing to worry about.

Follow-up: What are the findings from the pap smear test? 0 minute later
I hv back pain. Doctor. On on internal examination my doctor found small erosion Already i took one kit of N u Force. Doctor does intermediate cells mean pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: no pregnancy Detailed Answer: Intermediate cells dont mean pregnancy. Cervical tissue consists of many layers and intermediate is just one of them. Back pain can occur due to many causes. It possible to pinpoint a cause without examination. But a small erosion should not be the cause of it. Its probably due to some infection/inflammation. Use betdine vaginal tablets at night for a week. Avoid intercourse for sometime. You have already taken the antibiotics. Give it some time to work.

Thank u so much Doctor. I am relieved

Brief Answer: Happy to help Detailed Answer: I happy to answer any queries you may have. Good luck.