What are the findings from the lipid profile test?

hi, this is XXXXXXX i am 39 yrs old. i recently took thyroid and lipid profile test as i gained weight recently. i take thyroid medication daily thyronorm-25mcg for past 1yr. in the recent blood reports, all thyroid parameters are normal. but cholesteral came 240. attachimg my lipid profile report. please suggest your inputs on lipid profile results. other issud is, 1hr before the blood test, i had 1 small banana and 1 ltr water.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Prasad 11 hours later
Brief Answer: You have marginally abnormality... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX I went through the reports attached. Your lipid profile reveals marginally elevated total cholesterol, LDL and triglyceride. At the outset, 1 small banana and 1 L of water would hardly do any changes to lipid profile. The listed numbers are the effect of long term lifestyle and diet. Perhaps the marginal elevation is secondary to your weight. As of now, you need not be worried since these are marginal elevation. If you do not have any other risk factors - smoking, diabetes, high blood pressure, previous heart ailments, family history of heart disease; and you are able to climb two flights of stairs without any difficulty - then you have a healthy heart that would remain healthy for next 6-10 years. You can start exercise to reduce weight and recheck lipids after 6 months. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards