What are the findings from the lab work?

Hi, After my doctor reviewd my lab work he told me I need to go see Endocrinologist, my appointment is two weeks from now. Can you please review my lab work and tell me what is going on? Is it urgent to make my appointment sooner with an Endocrinologist? thank you.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Autonomous aldosterone production Detailed Answer: good day! Thank you for asking. Usually this test is done for assessing the hypertension etiology called hyperaldosteronism and hypokalemia (low potassium( or both. That is why you have been referred to endocrinologist.For assessing the lab works. It is not an emergency though and it can wait for two weeks for which the appointment is scheduled. This all effort is to sort out the etiology and cause for hypertension as Hyperaldosteronism. But the test reports might be compromised too as you are on hypertension meds and they give false results and need to be with held for at least 5 to 6 weeks before the test. And also posture of standing for at least 2 hours before the test is more reliable than supine lying flat position testing. Any how this is a game of hormones and it needs to be played by expert endocrinologist. So when you get the appointment they will sort out and if needed confirm the true nature by some more confirmatory tests like Saline infusion tests, Fludrocortisone suppression test,Dexamethasone suppression tests, salt loading tests, posture testings and captopril tests etc. So in nut shell no worries it can wait for two weeks. Seek the opinion and stay in touch with your endocrinologist.Hope it helped. Please close the discussion and take some very good care of yourself. regards XXXXXXX