What are the findings from the knee MRI?

May 2014

non specific moderate size joint effusion and a 6 cm popliteal cyst no loos body w a superimposed 7 x 9 mm partialtear where t2 signal involves transverse 40 - 50 % of the tendom fibers w surroundong adema this is my knee medial and lateral compartment minimal joint space narrowing and chronic thining, no acute injury medial and lnon specific moderate size joint effudion w a 6mmpopliteral cyst
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read your query in detail. I suppose you are having a pain in your knee (side not mentioned). The MRI scan shows the following: 1. Moderate amount of fluid in the joint cavity (effusion) which can be causing your symptoms and swelling. 2. Popliteal cyst 6 cm (towards the end of your query you have mentioned 6 mm, please clarify) 3. There is mention of a 7 x 9 mm partial tear in adjacent muscle tendon. 4. The knee joint space is reduced and this is most likely due to degenerative changes. With the above findings, a consultation with your doctor is essential. Please avoid intense physical activity involving your affected knee. Treatment options may vary from a conservative approach for mild symptoms to a surgical approach including fluid aspiration if you are in severe pain and discomfort. Wishing you good health and quick recovery. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek