What are the findings from the differential blood count test?

I am a married lady aged 51 and I had blood Differential count test on the advice of doctor. HB 10.8 TOTAL WBC 5400 Differential count Ploymorphs 92% Lymphocutes 02% Eosinophil 06% ESR 43 mm What do they mean ?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Anemia. Requires further evaluation Detailed Answer: Dear Mam. I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I understand your concern. Your Hemoglobin is low means you have anemia. Your other reports are normal except a slightly high eosinophil count and ESR. ESR might be high because of Anemia. Eosinophil count can be high as a result of some inflammation or a parasitic infestation. A parasitic infestation can also cause anemia. In such cases I recommend a 3 day course of Mebendazole to kill any worms if present. I would still recommend further evaluation of anemia so get following investigations done: 1. Complete Hemogram with RBC indices. 2. Complete Iron profile 3. Stool for occult blood 4. Kidney function test 5. Xray Chest. In case you have any menstrual irregularities contact your gynecologist. Avoid pain killers. I hope I am able to answer your query , still if you have any query ask me.