What are the findings from the complete blood count test?

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
I have MTHFR c677t hetrozygout mutation My cbc All normal except Wbc mid % high , 11.4% ( normal 3-9) HGB low 10 g/dL RBC 3.5 HCT low 29% ( normal 37-48) MCHC high 36.4 g/dL ( normal 32-36 ) Mcv 82 fL ( normal 82-95) What is the type of aneamia ?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 days later
Brief Answer: Followup Detailed Answer: thank you for sending the question. Reviewing your blood results indicate that you have a mild anemia. This anemia is also normocytic. most common cause of this type of picture is blood loss from heavy menstruation. I would expect that this might be the case for you. It would be reasonable for your doctor to check your iron levels as well. thanks again for the query. please let me know if you have additional followup concerns. dr g

Follow-up: What are the findings from the complete blood count test? 3 hours later
Thanks alot dr , i didnt get my period since august , because i took decapeptyl 11.25 mg injection for endonetriosis ,

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Followup Detailed Answer: thank you for sending the question. I think it is important that your doctor checks your iron level. It is possible that iron is deficient in your diet. I am supplementation might help to improve your blood count. You are not dangerously anemic but I think this is definitely something that is worth discussing with your doctor. Dr. G