What are the findings from the complete blood count test?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
My Daughter, 4 yrs Old has had bouts of fever since last evening. She was absolutely fine until about 3 pm and suddenly her body temperature XXXXXXX and by about 5 pm she was on 102.5F. Our local physician gave an antibiotic Clavmentin (amoxycillin & potassium Clavulanate) & ibugesic plus (paracetamol with ibuprofen). However, at midnight she again had very high fever, so we got a blood test done. The results are CBC total count 11300 cells/cumm, Polymorphs 72%, and Widal S Typhi O - positive upto 1:80 dillutions, S Typhi H - Negative, S Typhi A(H) - Negative, S Typhi B(H) - Negative. I am aware that in our area there are a lot of typhoid cases reported. Is there anything I need to worry about and get another test done. As for my daughter, she is active, but she is still warm.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry if she is active Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Widal is considered positive only at 1 : 320 dilution. In your kids case it's negative. But it is too early to predict typhoid because Widal test is usually positive in the second week of fever only. Blood culture is the definitive way to diagnose typhoid fever especially if there are many typhoid cases in your locality. You can continue the current medications and go for blood culture in case the fever persists for 2 more days. Wishing your kid speedy recovery. Regards Dr Arun