What are the findings from the child's urine test and blood report?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Dear Sir, My son (4 yrs) old observed three time high RBC in urine (15-40 hpf) with high fever (104 0F) and all blood reports including abdominal USG is normal. no we are waiting urine calcium in 24 hrs urine sample and Renal function test results. We have randonly check the urine routine test in which 3-5 hpf RBC is always found without fvere. what may be cause??
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: various causes Detailed Answer: Hi Hematuria or RBC in the urine can happen due to various causes. Even exercise, trauma can cause hematuria. Usual causes in kids are post infection of respiratory tract or skin infection. This needs tests like ANA, C3 levels. It can happen in cases of increased calcium in urine, stones, drugs etc. After seeing your reports it looks like he does not have any active blood infection. Urine examination also shows only RBC. There is no pus cells to indicate urinary infection. Please follow up with 24 calcium report and renal function tests. If there are no other symptoms , needs repeat urine examination every week till it clears. Dr Arun
Follow-up: What are the findings from the child's urine test and blood report? 26 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Here I am sending report-3 (blood report,24 hrs urine and at same time uinre report) which was awaited for your further comments. As now XXXXXXX has no any skin related problem and so for we have not done any test like ANA or C3. As we are worried becuase this was the third time we have observed high RBC in urine in last one year. 1. First time in Dec. 2012 (30-40 hpf with high fever) 2. Second time in XXXXXXX 2013 (app. 20 hpf) 3. Third time in Dec. 2013 (18-20 hpf) Note: in between the ie. when infection was not ther i.e. in absence of fever we always found some of RBC in urine 5-6 hpf. So please Kindly suggest what we can do futher investigations to find the reason of same. Thanks & Regards, XXXX XXXXXXX (on behalf Dennis)
Answered by Dr. Arun 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: ASO NEGATIVE Detailed Answer: Hi, I have Checked through the reports. ASO is negative. So post infectious glomerulonephritis is unlikely. Do ANA, C3, XXXXXXX to rule out other glomerulopathies. Your urine calcium and calcium creatine ratio are normal as well. Go ahead with other tests. Regards
Follow-up: What are the findings from the child's urine test and blood report? 20 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Thank you for your suggestions. I will go to PGI chandigarh during next follow-up visit by Monday (13-01-2014) where diagnosis is going on and I will see what PGI experts will suggest to do further for diagnosis of RBC in urine. Here I have one more query from you that if you suspect any more blood related tests apart from ANA, c3 and XXXXXXX so I can do the all these tests at one time only for early diagnose of cause. I will come back to you after result of tests suggested by you and if any further suggestion from PGI chandigarh for further evaluation of case of my son XXXXXXX (4yrs old). Awaited your response on my above query. Thanks, XXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Arun 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Add albumin,.hemoglobin electrophoresis Detailed Answer: You can add dsDNA , albumin and hemoglobin electrophoresis . Let me know what PGI doctors tell you.