What are the findings from the chest Xray?

Just had a chest xray and it said...."Findings:Single view of the chest demonstrates mildly hyperaerated with perihilar interstitial prominence lungs without focal consolidation or effusion." "Impression: Hyperaerated lungs with perihilar interstitial prominence without focal infiltrate". What does that mean?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 5 hours later
Brief Answer: No obvious resp. abnormality seen Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query, I have seen the x-ray. I don't think its abnormal except for relative straightening of left heart border. Had you any valvular heart disease, especially mitral stenosis. There is no obvious lung abnormality requiring respiratory intervention. With ageing vessels become more sclerosed so they appear prominent... Best wishes
Follow-up: What are the findings from the chest Xray? 12 hours later
Hello. Thank you for the reply. I have not had any valvular heart disease. What do you mean "with ageing vessels become more sclerosed so they appear prominent"? And I am assuming by your Brief Answer that I do not need to see a pulmonologist at this time? And does it also mean that you didn't see anything abnormal, as in a tumor, etc?
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 2 days later
Brief Answer: No tumour… Detailed Answer: I don’t find any features suggestive of cancer on this X-ray. Ageing has impact on blood vessels. It becomes narrowed and sclerosed especially the small blood vessels. Those sclerosed blood vessel appear as prominent shadows on X-ray. You need to discuss this X-ray with the doctor who ordered it. X-ray features need to be correlated clinically. If needed let your doctor refer you to the pulmonologist. Without your clinical history and the opportunity to examine you, I would not be the right person to clear you. Hope you agree with me. Regards