What are the findings from the chest Xray report?

Hi, My X ray report says "patchy homogeneous opacity in bilateral lower zone with increased broncho vascular markings. Trachea appears central. Cardiac shadow is normal. Both the costo - phrenic and cardio - phrenic angles are normal. Both domes of diaphram appear normal. Soft tissue shadows are normal. Impression`; Bilateral Basal Pneumoniatis." Please let me know if this is something serious and what are the treatment options. Also let me know if this will be a problem in case I am planning to travel (for chest X ray done during pre travel medical check up). Waiting for your detailed answer and thanks in advance.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Go for blood and sputum examination... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Your X-ray report is suggestive of pneumonia in bilateral lower zone. I think you must go for your total leucocyte count, Differential leucocyte count. Sputum examination for acid fast bacilli, gram staining, culture and sensitivity. You may try empirical azithromycin 500 mg daily if you have not taken any antibiotic in past 3 months and if you are not pregnant... Best wishes