What are the findings from the blood work report? Suggest suitable treatment

My son is 7 years old and had been transported to our local ER after becoming unresponsive after waking up in the am. When we were at the hospital they ran stat blood work and an MRI . He woke up out of the blue over 1 hour later. They released us that same day after observation with the instructions to go see a geneticist. I'm very confused...why unresponsive and why a geneticist . The MRI showed nothing but the blood work is what they gave us to give to the doctor at Nemours hospital for children. Any clue what happened?
Lipase Level L 8, Alkaline Phosphatase H 203, UR ketone 4+, UR Protein 1+, UR mucus trace, WBC H 19.5, Seg% H 65, Bands% H15, Lymphs % L 13, Monos% H 1.4, Chloride L 97, Co2 L 16, Anion Gap H 26, BUN H 27, Creatinine L 0.3, Neutrophils absolute H 15.6, and last MonosH 1.4.
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Genetics
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
seizure could be the cause of LOC investigate

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The reports you have provided are suggestive of severe metabolic acidosis and high anion gap phenomenon.
The high ketone in urine are indicative of serious metabolic trouble.
It seems the child has suffered a seizure of metabolic cause that has resulted in loss of conciousness.
You have not mentioned his blood sugar levels, he may be having Type-1 diabetes as a cause for this, please get his fasting and postprandial sugar level and HbA1c level to detect it more precisely.
There may be some other genetic metabolic disorder that is why they want a geneticist's referral.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.