What are the findings from the blood test?

Nov 2013

Lab test results- slightly high k+ and calcium. .Anti TYSH receptors low. Adult growth hormone low. Vit. d low (19). Rheumatoid factor high; anti-thyroid high. very bad muscular cramping and twitching for many years. Endocrinologist and rheumatologist stated their labs not high enough. MRI normal. Thank you for your help, XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your blood results. Vitamin D level is low, and you should be started on vitamin D supplements. In addition, serum CPK may be done, which could show if any inflammation is present in the muscle or not. Nerve conduction studies and EMG studies would also help in finding out any nerve or muscle disease. These can be done under the guidance of a neurologist. In the meanwhile, gabapentin or pregabalin capsules may be sued for symptom relief. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: