What are the findings from the blood test results?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
hi, i just got my blood test results . It shows my APO-B is 190mg/dl and APO B/APO A1 ratio is 1.2. HsCRP is 1.58 mg/L I have high trigycerides (hereditary) >800 Cholestrol 427 what r my risk
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: High risk of ischemic heart diseases Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Your reports suggest that your total cholesterol , triglyceride, VLDL and LDL are raised. What is the status of your fasting and post postprandial blood glucose levels? Is your blood pressure within control? Lipid profile derangement is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases. This if accompanied by poor glycemic control and raised blood pressure, multiplies The ill effect on the cardiovascular system. There is highest risk of ischemic heart diseases. Medication to control raised level of cholesterol and triglyceride needs to be taken. Weight control is a must. regular examination of the cardiovascular system needs to be done. Low cholesterol diet should be followed. If other co-morbidities (raised bp and high glucose levels present, they also need to be managed) If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: What are the findings from the blood test results? 39 hours later
thanks doctor. my bp is normal but my fasting blood sugar is 120 and hba1c is 6. yes...I will go for medicines. thanks

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Blood glucose levels need to be controlled. Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome again, It is good that your blood pressure is within normal limits. The high fasting blood glucose is raised and HbA1c is shows a fair control of blood sugar over a period of 6 months. Control of blood glucose levels will slow down the ill effect of raised lipid profile. Thanks and take care Dr Shailja P Wahal