What are the findings from the blood test report?

Question
I AM A 37 YOA WHITE MALE. I JUST RECEIVED BLOOD RESULTS BACK...CHOL @246...AHDL @ 32...TGL @ 888... HDL @ 7.7...DIRECT LDL @ 77... ALT @82... AST @ 36...WHICH ACCORDING TO CHARTS ARE HIGH...DR FEELS LIKE IM WITHIN NORMAL RANGE...DOES THIS SOUND CORRECT? NO SMOKER OR DRINKER
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: They are not entirely normal Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. From the information provided and a review of the attached results, your numbers cannot be completely ignored. High cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL and low HDL are risk factors for cardiovascular disease. You need to start active lifestyle modifications like reduced fats intake, regular exercise lasting 30minutes at least 4 times a week, weight loss if you are over weight and a follow up control of these numbers in 3months. If the number remain high, then you would need to go on lipid lowering drugs like simvastatin to get this problem addressed. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.