What are the findings from the blood report?

Mar 2013
Dear Sir, I have got blood test for over 79 paramaters as a regular check up .2 parameters are atleast i am concerned about. 1.ANINUCLEAR ANTIBODIES (ANA) 2.folic & Vitamin B deficiency. Currently have fatty lever,gall stones. also small white patches but due to medicaion they are coming down.Please find attached report & picture . Thanks & Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. I have gone through your reports. All your reports are entirely normal. The ANA ( Anti Nuclear antibody ) levels are normal ( it is in the normal range ). You do have folic acid deficiency. Vitamin B 12 is also on the lower side of normal. The 25 - OH Vitamin D levels are quite low, you seem to have missed that. So, you do need to take supplements. Take daily folic acid and B complex tablets ( B - Folcin / Surbex - XT ) for 3 months. Also, calcium and Vitamin D supplements ( Take daily Supracal twice a day and Vitamin D 3 sachets such as Just XXXXXXX once a week for 12 weeks ) Also, fatty liver and gall stones are not of significance unless you have symptoms such as pain and colic. The white patches should be looked at by a dermatologist, as you seem to have Vitiligo. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: What are the findings from the blood report? 9 minutes later
Dear Ms XXXXXXX Thanks for quick reply. i checked ANA & ANTI CYCLIC CITRULLINATED PEPTIDE ANTIBODY (ACCP) both are .23 & .29 in negative range below 1.0. kindly relook. Calcium n Vitalmin D supplement have taken 1 year ago based on negative report. why my body is unable to maintain the level after medication is stopped. Thanks & Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello ANA and ACCP are both in negative range, so they are normal. I have rechecked, both these parameters are in normal range, there is no need to worry about them. When I mean negative, it means normal, for example, HIV negative means no HIV, and HIV positive means there is HIV. Probably the terminology confused you. You are ' positive ' for calcium and vitamin D deficiency . Maybe earlier values were even lower, sometimes, higher dosage for prolonged periods is required to sustain normal levels. Please repeat the course. You might not be having enough exposure to sunlight and less intake of calcium and vitamin D in diet, so that is the reason. All the best.
Follow-up: What are the findings from the blood report? 1 hour later
Dear Ms. XXXXXXX for ANA and ACCP what supplements food or medicianes, can be taken to maintain the level. Since i have got multiple parameters checked so for vitiglow somewhere the cause should have been visible in the parameters. Thanks a lot.
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Your ANA and ACCP levels are NORMAL. NO treatment is required for the same. Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease, the cause is unknown.