What are the findings from the SGPT and SGOT levels and does it indicate toxic hepatitis?

My cousin has 1700sgpt and 1140 sgot With bilirubine at 53, he is very ill since 10days, his friend is on the same case since 10 days also. Is it a toxic hepatitis? Thanks
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Acute hepatitis, more data needed.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I read your query very carefully. Based on the data you provided it seems like "acute hepatitis". The principal causes of "acute hepatitis" are: - Toxic hepatitis - Viral hepatitis - Idiopathic hepatitis. To determine the exact causes of "acute hepatitis" we need more data about recent medication or procedures. Also we need more information about viral serological test. Your treating doctor will know about this test. You can provide these details to me on the follow up. Hope it answered to your query! Dr. Klerida