What are the findings from the Absolute Eosinophil result?

Excellent

Pulmonologist
Question
My Absolute Eosinophils result is 4L, with the range listed as 15-500 cells / uL - What does this mean, and what should I be doing to address this, as well as the other out-of-range items. The Dr told me the labs were fine. I added the report.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Labs are about normal. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. Your absolute eosinophil count is 4/microL. "L" indicates less than the lab range, there's nothing to worry here. It is when these cells increase, that they may trigger allergic manifestations. 2. A bit of concern here is your wbc count of 3500/microL which is slightly low. Just rule out causes of immunodeficiency. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist

Follow-up: What are the findings from the Absolute Eosinophil result? 1 hour later
Thank you very much. I am not a sick person, have never even taken antibiotics, am in the correct weight for my height (6'2" - 180lb) and have only been to a doctor for depression /anxiety, and 12 years back, minor hypertension. Never hospitalized, no strep, ear infections, and my last illness was a mild flu, early. Last year. So I was worried when the numbers were low. Any further feedback or questions?

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 6 hours later
Brief Answer: No need of worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for followup. There's no need of worry. Just be under regular follow up of your doctor. If possible you may just get an HIV, HBsAg testing also done as a part of routine check up if not done before. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologis