What are the findings from the ALT and AST levels when suffering from HIV?

I have a ALT (SGPT) of 109 and a AST of 63, I do not have hep, A. B or C. Should I be concerned. ( I do have HIV)
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, get them followed up! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these elevated liver enzymes. They are clearly abnormal and the exact cause of this should be investigated and established. Besides viral hepatitis, conditions like auto immune disease, fatty liver, alcohol, hemochromatosis, drugs, etc are other possible cause. The best thing to do at this time would b to follow up with a Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist to identify the exact cause and address it. What drugs are you taking? some of the HIV drugs like nevirapine. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more clarification or information if need be. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.