What are the findings from my child's blood test?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi my 6 year son went for blood test because of his tonsils. The results came back with high count of neutrophils (70.9) and low count of lymphocytes (20.6). I am really worried.I will see a doctor later today but please let me know what could this mean?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry for Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. Tonsils enlarging is a common occirence in kids. It's a lymphatic tissue which increases in size in response to infection or allergy. Usually it increases Upto 5 or 6 years and then starts coming down. In your kids case I think you can wait safely for one more year to see if his problem decreases by then. Neutrophils 70 percent is not alarming. It just indicates bacterial infection which needs antibiotics course . Amoxicillin is usually given for 5 days. Wishing him speedy recovery Dr Arun