What are the findings from HIV test report?

Dermatologist
Question
hi doctor i had hiv test the result was 0.13 is this positive or negative i had this dec 03 2013 but before i had that was 0.5 can u tell me my affected hiv or not
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Hiv tests are always reported in reference to a range. The lab which gave you results must have given you a reference range also. Kindly give me the entire report as the reference range of various labs differ. Thank you

Follow-up: What are the findings from HIV test report? 17 minutes later
hi doctor i had hiv test on April 2013 it was 0.5. and again i was tested on dec 3 2013 it was 0.13 it was increased so please tell me. i had hiv1,2 also both time. my result is hiv-1/hiv-2 antibodies-e/a <0.05, and the second test result is0.13 tell me frankly what's going on me.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up and sorry for delay in reply. Please don't worry these titre are not very significant. Only change in titre Is not enough to say hiv positivity. You must get a western blot test done. If that turns out to be negative you can be assured that you are safe. thank you