What are the effects of sexual sadism?

Dermatologist
Question
I think my boyfriend is into sadism, we have fallen in love on-line,. he's about to move to the United States from Italia,.. where he lives. He's emotionally abusive,.. which wasn't the case when we fell in love. I'm not sure, what to do. He's been mentioning to me lately, that he wants all kinds of sex,. when we come together, which will be soon. What advice do you have, I know nothing about this. Thank you .. Sabrina
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 59 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Sadism is a type psychiatric disorder or paraphilia in which there is Sexual pleasure by inflicting pain to partner.

It is important to distinguish between "Sadism", which is the term used in conjunction with Sadistic Personality Disorder, and "Sexual Sadism" which may be associated with SPD yet is classified as one of the paraphilias because of the specific sexual component.

Sexual sadism refers to the derivation of sexual pleasure from the infliction of pain, suffering and/or humiliation upon another person.
The pain and suffering of the victim, which may be both physical and psychological, is pivotal to the sexual arousal and pleasure.

The element of fear in the victim and complete control of the victim is the major sexual stimuli in major sexual sadism. Some of the more severe activities involved in this behavior may include:

severe beatings
torture
burning, cutting,
stabbing in the breast or buttocks
rape
murder ( Lust Murder)
vampirism
necrophilia

In milder form of sadism there is
role playing with dominant and submissive roles: master-slave, governess-pupil, etc.
the dominant partner placing the submissive one in a position of helplessness and then applies some form of discipline or punishment, usually accompanied by verbal degradation

use of gags and blindfolds to render the submissive partner helpless and immobile
the administration of pain, humiliation or bondage is effected through such acts as whipping or flagellation, usually applied to the buttocks
cross-dressing the submissive partner

treating the submissive like an animal and/or making him/her crawl
confining the submissive to a cage
humiliated by being forced to wear a diaper or lick the dominant's boots.
binding or clamping the breasts/nipples/penis of the submissive
urinating or defecating on the submissive and forcing ingestion on the victim

Sexual behaviour in general, sexual sadism is difficult to modify with behavioural techniques and treatments.
Pharmacological treatments may be of some benefit, depending upon the individual. In such cases, treatment would be long-term.
In some cases, treatment has included surgical castration and steroatactic neurosurgery.

So my advise would be to think twice before submitting yourself to your boyfriend.
You both can have a good mutual talk about his sexual habits and expectations before you get married.

Hope Ive answered your query.
Wiil be available for follow up.