What are the effects of one time use of nexium?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX and i was wondering what the effects of one time use is of nexium is on thc levels.i need to do a drug and alchol test for employment purposes and i havent smoked since april 18th,but did again 1 time on april 28th.the test is on tuesday,and i really need to pass it as i am a welder and a failure stays on your record for a long time.I don't plan to smoke anymore,but i've been on a layoff for 9 months and was smoking to help me sleep,hot flashes due to menopause and osteoarthritis.I am 54 years old and would appreciate any help you might be able to give me!thanks
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 7 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     54 year old female
•     Known case of hiatus hernia
•     Currently on natural dessicated thyroid hormone, estro gel and prometrium
•     Stopped smoking on 18th April. Single time use on 28th April.
•     Concern related to drug and alcohol test for employment.

Nexium contain esomeprazole and its single time use will not affect drug & alcohol test findings. It is admirable that you have quit substance use and motivated to not use it again in future. As you are free from regular substance use for 24 days and single time substance use for 14 days, then in my opinion it is rare to have positive drug & alcohol test.

From the query, nature of substance (Tobacco, cannabis or opioid) smoked by you, is not clear. As different substance remain in body for different duration. Duration also differ according to nature of sample (Blood, urine or hair) collected for screening.

Following information regarding duration of different substance stay in different samples, will help you:

Substance type: Stay in Urine/Hair/Blood

Amphetamine: 1-4 days/up to 90 days/Unknown

Cannabis (single use): 48-72 hrs/up to 90 days/2-3 days
Cannabis (habitual use): up to 12 wks/up to 90 days/2 weeks

Cocaine: 4-5 days/up to 90 days/Unknown

Opioid: 8 hrs/up to 90 days/Unknown

Wish you good health and all the best.