What are the effects of Topamax taken after a bone marrow transplant?

effects of topamax taken after haplo bone marrow transplant? 58 yr female 212 lbs
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Topamax can be taken for weight loss after a bone marrow transplant as it is not likely to cause any immune related problems. Do keep its other side effects in mind like slowed thinking, memory problems, trouble concentrating, problems with speech or balance, numbness or tingling, sleep problems (insomnia), tired feeling, headache, dizziness, etc.
Allergy is a serious side effect. Other side effects are mood changes, anxiety, depression, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, difficulty in urination, etc.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.