What are the effect of diprofos injection taken into the knees during pregnancy?

Question
I would like to check on the affect of Diprofos injection taken into the knees during the very first weeks of the pregnancy.

I had the injections 2 weeks ago, and today I've learned that I am pregnant...
My last period was on 28-30 September.
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thank you, XXXXXXX ( YYYY@YYYY )
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Vaccinations

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Since you took the injection just once middle of october,that would be your ovulation period counting from your last period.There shouldnt be any effect on the development of your fetus. But once you have crossed 4 weeks of gestation i would advise against taking any further steroids till you cross 20 weeks.

Follow-up: What are the effect of diprofos injection taken into the knees during pregnancy? 46 hours later
Thank you doctor,

As earlier mentioned I also suffer from mild dermatitis and am applying Celestoderm - V with Garamycin (Betamethasone 17 - Valerate & Gentamicin Sulfate)from time to time. Please advise if external use of cortisone will have the same impact as XXXXXXX (oral or injections). Although I use it very rarely - one 30 g tube can easily last thru the year.

Thank you, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Local external applications of the cream is ok.But i advise that you do so only if necessary.Pregnancy is a immuno compromised condition by itself and steriods decrease the immune system by its action.

Follow-up: What are the effect of diprofos injection taken into the knees during pregnancy? 24 hours later
Thank you very much for given clarification.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 hours later
Happy to help.
Good luck.