What are the drug interactions Librium, nurotin, tracedone, oxycodone and dexidrine with Nucynta?
User rating for this question
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Listed below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic! Nucynta ER contains Tapentadol which is an opioid. It has interactions with many drugs including some of those mentioned by you. Tapentadol when taken with Librium has chances of an increased risk of respiratory depression, psycho-motor impairment, hypotension, profound sedation, coma or death. The same risks are with Neurontin also but to a lesser extent. Combining Tapentadol with Trazodone can increase the risk of a rare but serious condition called the serotonin syndrome, which may include symptoms such as confusion, hallucination, seizure, extreme changes in blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, excessive sweating, shivering or shaking, blurred vision, muscle spasm or stiffness, tremor, inco-ordination, stomach cramp, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Severe cases may result in coma and even death. Tapentadol may increase the effects of Dexedrine which is an amphetamine, and also side effects such as jitteriness, nervousness, anxiety, restlessness, and racing thoughts. There is also a risk of serotonin syndrome. With Oxycodone, there is a serious risk of respiratory depression, psycho-motor impairment, sedation, coma and death as both are opioids. Hope this clears up things for you. Please free to ask if you need any clarifications. Best wishes. Dr Preeti Parakh MD Psychiatry
People also viewed
- Is it safe to combine sulpiride and trazodone
- Iron anemia panic attacks
- Hypercondriac nhs
- Does nucynta and percocet show same thing on drug test
- Is it dangerous to smoke weed while taking medication for a uti
- What are the side effects of nucynta er?
- Is nucynta an opioid
- Throwing up after drinking water
- Jessners lymphocytic infiltrate stress
- What are the side effects of nucynta?
- Is nucynta a narcotic drug
- Ear infection symptoms after tubes
- Relieving ear pain after tonsillectomy
- Increased vaginal discharge after period
- Throw up after eating eggs