What are the dangers of prolonged use of cortisteroid eye drops?

What are the dangers of abuse of cortisteroid eye drops on the eye over a period of 1 month? iT IS SUSPECTED THAT i MAY BE SUFFERING FROM BLEPHARITIS IN BOTH EYES.
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 56 minutes later

Prolonged use of steroid eye drops can cause a raise in your intraocular pressure and can ultimately cause glaucoma. So it is important to monitor your eye pressure when you are using steroid drops. There is also a possibility of developing cataract after prolonged use of steroid drops.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any furthur queries if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah