What are the dangers if took overdose of dolo?

what will happen if i take 5 dolo 650 at a stretch. i m unable to go to hospital now. kindly tell me what should i do
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Guru 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not advised. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Taking 5 tablets of Dolo 650 at a time is absolutely not indicated. However, depending on your symptoms you can use up to 4 tablets in a day with a 4 to 6 day interval, provided you do not have any liver or kidney disorders. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
Follow-up: What are the dangers if took overdose of dolo? 18 hours later
my question is I have taken 5 dolo 650 tablets at a time yesterday noon after food. will this cause any problem? I am unable to go to hospital now. Please guide me.
Answered by Dr. Guru 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up. At a time 5 tablets of Dolo 650 may cause problem. We need to monitor serum paracetamol levels to be on safe side. In some cases it may not cause problems, but it is absolutely not indicated to stay at home without treatment. You must visit the nearest hospital ASAP to get supportive treatment. There is no other treatment that can be done at home in your case. Take Care!
Follow-up: What are the dangers if took overdose of dolo? 5 hours later
what problem should i have to overcome? any test to be taken for this. Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Guru 3 hours later
Brief Answer: HI Detailed Answer: Hi, There won't be a major problem in many cases, but we should not neglect or take a chance. Monitoring your condition under direct supervision of a Physician for at least 3 days is strongly recommended. We need to check blood paracetamol levels and liver function tests during these times at regular interval. Take care!