What are the compulsory tests that need to be conducted during 21 weeks of pregnancy?

Question
Kindly suggest what all test is compulsory for a pregnant lady in 21 weeks that need to be done??
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: scan , blood and urine examination Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX You need to undergo following tests compulsorily: 1) Ultrasound: Anomaly scan + Uterine artery doppler (to rule out if any high risk for development of hypertension in pregnancy) + Cervical length (to rule out cervical incompetence) 2)Quadruple blood test-screening for Downs (to be done if the first trimester screening is not done) 3)75 grams GTT to be done at 24 to 28 weeks 4)Routine investigations like: CBC-complete blood counts, HIV, HBsAG, VDRL, Blood group Rh typing and Urine routine microscopy. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: What are the compulsory tests that need to be conducted during 21 weeks of pregnancy? 14 minutes later
My wife's blood group is B negative and my blood group is b+ so can she face any problm at the time of delivery or after delivery due to different blood group

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: No problem if this is first pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, if this is her first pregnancy then there is NO problem. If she is pregnant before and taken "anti D" injection then also there is absolutely no problem for the subsequent pregnancy. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!