What are the compulsory tests that need to be conducted during 21 weeks of pregnancy?
User rating for this question
Kindly suggest what all test is compulsory for a pregnant lady in 21 weeks that need to be done??
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: scan , blood and urine examination Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX You need to undergo following tests compulsorily: 1) Ultrasound: Anomaly scan + Uterine artery doppler (to rule out if any high risk for development of hypertension in pregnancy) + Cervical length (to rule out cervical incompetence) 2)Quadruple blood test-screening for Downs (to be done if the first trimester screening is not done) 3)75 grams GTT to be done at 24 to 28 weeks 4)Routine investigations like: CBC-complete blood counts, HIV, HBsAG, VDRL, Blood group Rh typing and Urine routine microscopy. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Follow-up: What are the compulsory tests that need to be conducted during 21 weeks of pregnancy? 14 minutes later
My wife's blood group is B negative and my blood group is b+ so can she face any problm at the time of delivery or after delivery due to different blood group
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: No problem if this is first pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, if this is her first pregnancy then there is NO problem. If she is pregnant before and taken "anti D" injection then also there is absolutely no problem for the subsequent pregnancy. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
People also viewed
- Does iron treatment result in prolonged periods
- Pounding pulse in my belly button
- What is the treatment for continous period bleedings
- What is ict test during pregnancy
- Thrush urine infection itching burning discharge rash yeast infection
- What is dual test during pregnancy
- Penis upto belly button
- What is echo test during pregnancy
- Can hormones from the mirena give false pregnancy reading
- Breast augmentation second surgery temperature infection tissue fluid bruises
- Smelly belly button while pregnant
- Newborn swollen belly button
- Belly button pain pull vagina
- What is need of choriomon during pregnancy
- What is rbs test during pregnancy