What are the complications with sudden interruption of drugs for blood pressure?

I am on a trip fri to mon . I don't have my bood pressure medicine with me right now and I can't get a refill without doc permission since I have three months worth at home. It is 150 irbestan (sp). Will I be all right till mom.
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually, the sudden interruption of drugs for hypertension would cause rapid high blood pressure. If you are having the trip from Friday to monday (3 days), then, I'd suggest to: - keep monitoring your blood pressure; if you find it higher than 180/100 mmHg, then, you should go to the nearest ER (can ask the ER doctors to prescribe nifedipin to take when your bp is higher than 150/90 mmHg) - follow strict diet with limited salt, avoid stimulants (caffeine, alcohol, smoking) and foods high in calories Again, if you have high blood pressure, can go to the nearest ER as soon as possible. Buon voyage! Dr.Benard