What are the complications of SVT ablation surgery ?

I had SVT ablation surgery a back in April and ever since my sex drive has been non-existent. I can't keep an erection for longer than a couple of seconds. I have never had this issue before the surgery. Even when taking cialas I still have issues, Cialis seems to not work, has some minor effects in the first hour of taking it but past that there is no difference. Is this normal issue following the procedure? What is causing it? How could it be fixed?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 27 hours later

I apologize for the delayed response.

Erectile functions are affected by vascular as well as cardiac functions. It is not very clear about your current heart status. The current heart rate, and the LV function test (mentioned in the echocardiogram) may help us to give a clear association between your heart ailment with erectile dysfunctions.

I shall discuss with a cardiologist with respect to the association of SVT ablation and erectile dysfunction. I shall post the complete and appropriate answer as soon as possible.

I once again thank you for your co-operation.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later

There is no relation between erectile dysfunction and your cardiac procedure.

You will need to see andrologist/urologist. If you are from India i could suggest somebody otherwise You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW .

Ask your healthcare provider if it is safe for you to have sexual activity. You should not take Cialis if your healthcare provider has told you not to have sexual activity because of your health problems. Before taking Cialis, tell your doctor about all your medical problems.

Hope i have answered your query, I will be available for follow up.

Regards, XXXXXXX