What are the complications in adenosine cardiolite test?

I will be taking the adenosine cardiolite test tomorrow. What can I expect? I have instructions for the prep. But what complications could arise?
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Adenosine cardiolite test is a diagnostic test which is done to evaluate the supply of blood to the muscles of your heart.
Cardiolite is an radioactive isotope and has no side effect.
Adenosine is an anti arrhythmic agent which is a vasodilator.This can cause some side effects like shortness of breath,flushing,headache,nausea etc.Since adenosine stays in blood for few seconds only,it's side effects will be very short lived and so there is nothing to worry.If a person does appear uncomfortable with these side effects,an intravenous medication can be given immediately to counter the side effects.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck