What are the changes that occur in the sense organs at the age range of 60 to 90?
User rating for this question
please list the changes that iccur in the sensorgans as ranging in ages from the laet 60's to some healthy 90 year olds. (Eyes, ears, oral/ mouth and skin)
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 days later
Thanks for the query
Various changes do occur in a human body as the age progresses. It is a long list of changes that occur in the old age.
To mention you in brief:
1. Eyes: deterioration of the visual acuity, formation of a cataract in the lens of the eye, changes in the retina, dryness of the eyes due to reduction in the production of tears, etc.
2. Nose: atrophy of the nasal mucosa, reduction in smell and taste, etc.
3. Oral cavity: dryness of the mucosa of the oral cavity, loss of teeth, reduction of the buccal fat, TMJ arthritis, halitosis, swallowing problems, cough, etc.
4. Ears: progressive loss of hearing, accumulation of cerumen, etc.
5. Skin: loss of skin turgor, wrinkles formation, grey hair formation, dryness of the skin, etc.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon