What are the chances of spreading HIV by using common vaseline?

Hey I was wondering can you it hiv from someone else Vaseline if they used it to finger my anus. I think he uses the Vaseline as lube to masterbate. What are the chances of me getting hiv from his semen if some of it got into the jar. He said he was hiv negative. But that's just his word.
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 21 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Survival of the virus outside of the body is just about one percent after several hours. Therefore, transmission by a device or Vaseline is almost zero.

Even if somebody is HIV positive, and if you have unprotected sex with him, the chance of transmission is about or less than 2 percent in each vaginal sex session.

It is good to be cautious about the germs especially HIV and also have a protected sex and in the meantime there is no need to over worry since the chance by the ways you mentioned is almost nothing.

Even the chance of transmission with French kiss is almost nothing or nearly nothing.

Feel free to ask me any other question related. I wish you the best health.