What are the chances of smaller embryo gaining heart beat during pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
Hi. My wife who is 28 just had her first pregnancy scan at 7 weeks 2 days after fertilisation (ivf on 2 day transfer). 2 embryos were transferred. One embryo is measuring 12mm CRL with heartbeat however other is measuring 3mm with no heartbeat. What do you think the chances are for the smaller embryo? Many thanks
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer: less Detailed Answer: Hi The heart beat comes by about 6 weeks itself. Therefore the smaller embryo gaining heart beat is relatively low. This is common occurrence in IVF pregnancies. I am happy that you got positive result in IVF with one baby live. Congratulations for the same. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol