What are the chances of pregnancy with nalexone implant?

Mar 2013
Well I'm trying to get pregnant but I seem to not be able to I started my period when I was 11 years old I've always had irregular periods I don't always get one every month I'm 23 years old now I'm currently an active recovery 10 months and 20 days clean and sober from Heroine I was addicted for the past 5 years I got the nalexone implant I haven't had the implant for 6 months I've gained weight since I stopped using I was wondering why I wouldn't get pregnant
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: OUTLINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. As you stated, you have always had irregular periods. The drug addiction definitely causes irregular periods, but you have had it prior to the habit, and also now , after being clean. Also, post implant removal, the body needs time to adjust to the newer hormonal milieu, but six months is time enough. You need to have a proper evaluation for your inability to conceive. The reason is linked with your irregular cycles. Please consult a gynaecologist, and have the evaluation as I will outline it for you = 1. Firstly a semen analysis of your partner, to rule that out. 2. Secondly, a detailed analysis for the cause of your irregular period. Stress, weight gain, late nights, smoking, alcohol, drugs, travelling - all this can cause cycles to get irregular, but since you have this issue ever since you began menstruating, other causes should be ruled out. Conditions like PCOS ( polycystic ovarian syndrome ) and hypothyroidism are the leading reasons. Please undergo an internal check up - per vaginum and per speculum. 3. Pelvic ultrasound scan 4. Hormonal levels - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, DHEAS, Free Testosterone, Lipid profile, Fasting serum insulin. 5. Next please go for a cycle of follicular monitoring, that is, tracking the egg follicle with serial ultrasound scans, that will reveal if ovulation is a problem. 6. If ovulation is erratic, you can take help of ovulation inducing medications such as Clomiphene citrate to induce predictable ovulation and then try to conceive for a few cycles that way. 7. If 3 - 6 cycles of Clomiphene fail, then a laparoscopy should be done to check if your fallopian tubes are open. 8. Maintaining an ideal BMI, which translates to achieving an ideal weight, is critical both for conception and a healthy pregnancy. 9. Take regular folic acid supplements. 10. You are just 23, so reduce stress levels, and stay positive. Stress too impacts your hormones negatively. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: What are the chances of pregnancy with nalexone implant? 31 minutes later
I have a question about blood type my mother says I'm O+ and she has AB- and she claims my father is O+ also that is impossible right? Because if you and your partner don't have compatible genome type would that be a probable cause?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: If your father is O positive, then you can very well be O positive, even if your mother is AB negative. Blood group incompatibility cannot cause infertility.