What are the chances of pregnancy while taking Norethindrone?
User rating for this question
Hi, I had been taking "Sandoz Norethindrone Acetate Usp Regestrone" 1 tablet daily since 21 days to keep pushing my periods date. now i want to get my regular periods. I have stopped the tablets since 2 days but havent got my period yet. I have been experiencing alot of pain since 2 days. When will i get my periods? Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: WAIT FOR A WEEK, AND THEN TAKE A PREGNANCY TEST. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Norethindrone is not a contraceptive pill, if you have had unprotected sexual intercourse during the period, pregnancy may result. However, after stopping the tablets, you would bleed within 2 - 3 days. Please let me know the date of your last menstrual period, and whether your periods were always regular , and since when you started the pills. Also, if you have had unprotected sex meanwhile ? I would ask you to wait for a week totally after stopping the tablets. If you do not get your period within a week at the most, then please take a pregnancy test. All the best, and do not worry. Stress, weight gain, late nights, erratic eating, change in climate etc also can cause menstrual delay. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- Period started while taking norethindrone
- Regestrone tablet usage
- Regestrone tabletdosage
- What is regestrone tablet used for
- Feel lightheaded around period
- Gallbladder stone with body pain and high blood pressure
- Suggest me remedy depends on my semen report
- How to take norethindrone
- Norethindrone false positive pregnancy test
- What would be the major effects of doing this
- 35 years old female suffering from neurologic deficit
- Exercises to prepone periods
- I need the medication based on my blood test
- Taking norethindrone to delay period
- Can i take norethindrone to avoid pregnancy